Zimmermann is ISO 9001 certified. The process of certification was made easier as many of the processes and procedures used in the company were previously documented.
ISO certification shows that a company is committed to quality, customers, and is willing to work towards improving efficiency. It also demonstrates the existence of an effective quality management system that must satisfy the rigors of an independent, external audit.
Some of the results of certification have been:
- Well defined and documented procedures to improve product consistency
- Constant measure of quality
- Corrective action is taken whenever defects or problems occur
- Defect rates are reduced
- Defects are caught earlier and are corrected at a lower cost
- Practices that are obsolete or inefficient are reviewed and eliminated
- Documented procedures make it easier to train new employees
Ongoing benefits include:
- A consistent, repeatable processes and a common system
- Fewer problems with failures in service and product quality
- People know what to do and how to do it
- You know more quickly if something is going wrong, and where; you stop spending money or wasting time on the same old problems. Many problems disappear because you know how to prevent them; if they do come up, you know how to fix them faster
- Better management control and reporting